Top : Geography of Communications
- Network Maps (4)
- Maps of Internet backbones and other communications grids.
- Atlas of Cyberspaces - The most comprehensive directory to maps of cyberspace and the Internet.
(Added: 16-Apr-1999 Hits: 167 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- E-Space - The Electronic Space Project. Institute for Public Policy and Social Research, Michigan State University. Exploring the spatial context of information technology, with emphasis on policy, economy, and society.
(Added: 14-Feb-2001 Hits: 48 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Exposing the ‘Second Text’ of Maps of the Net - Maps have long been recognised as important and powerful modes of visual communication. In this paper we examine critically maps which are being produced to represent and promote information and of cyberspace. Drawing on the approach of map deconstruction we attempt to read and expose the ‘second text’ of maps of the Net.
(Added: 6-Jul-2000 Hits: 86 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Falling Through the Net - Report from the National Telecommunications & Information Administration. July 1995.
(Added: 3-Jun-1999 Hits: 36 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- IGU Commission on the Geography of Information Society - Provides an international forum for the study of geographical aspects of emerging information societies. As such it will permit the broadening of discussion and participation on the one hand, while providing geographers with an organizational forum for the development and discussion of a most contemporary social and geographical trend.
(Added: 28-Mar-2001 Hits: 40 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- International Networks Archive - The purpose of the Archive is to assemble data sets relevant to empirical research on mapping the global web in a central location and to standardize them so the various indicators can be combined.
(Added: 6-Jul-2000 Hits: 50 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Internet Architecture - Boardwatch magazine. Excellent overview of the Internet's design, with a geographical perspective.
(Added: 4-Jun-1999 Hits: 103 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Internet Geography Project: Putting Place Back in Cyberspace - Due to the Internet's very structure and organization, there are a limited number of measures on Internet use and even fewer that are readily comparable between geographic areas. The Internet Geography Project is an ongoing effort to understand this constantly expanding phenomenon through the development of a series of metrics on the use, production, and composition of the Internet.
(Added: 24-Aug-2000 Hits: 83 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Internet Statistics - A page full of links to various sources for statistics about the size, growth, and location of the Internet.
(Added: 21-May-1999 Hits: 100 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Maps & Legends - Feed Magazine article. Examines various issues and efforts at mapping the Internet & Web.
(Added: 4-Jun-1999 Hits: 62 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- NetCensus - A collaborative project to develop and deploy new techniques for the measurement of geographical aspects of activity and information flows on the Internet using GIS technologies.
(Added: 24-Apr-1999 Hits: 38 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Network Everything - Wired News article. Perspectives on the network society from Silicon Valley trendsetters.
(Added: 19-May-1999 Hits: 27 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Evolution of a Wired World - From PreText Magazine, a fascinating description of the evolving technology and geography of undersea telecommunications cables over the last 100 years.
(Added: 19-May-1999 Hits: 42 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Traceroute List by States. Backbone Maps List - Many Links to the traceroute resources
sorted by the next items:
- Traceroute List by States
- Traceroute against Spam
- Other Traceroute Lists
- Traceroute and other tools
- Traceroute Analysis
List of Backbone Maps, sorted by Geographical Location, also some other info about backbones.
(Added: 25-Feb-2000 Hits: 31 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- USING HOST AND DOMAIN COUNTS TO MAP THE INTERNET - This article discusses the strengths and weaknesses of the use of Internet host and domain counts as indicators of the diffusion of the Internet. By Matthew Zook, UC-Berkeley
(Added: 20-Jun-2000 Hits: 37 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Waymaker: Mapping Psychological and Virtual Spaces - "WayMaker" is a tool enabling non-professionals to create digital layouts for large-scale graphical virtual environments. The design tool is based on "elements of the city image" as described by the urban planner, Kevin Lynch (1960).
(Added: 20-Mar-2001 Hits: 32 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- World City Network: A New Metageography? - . This paper reports upon a preliminary empirical investigation into measuring this new geography of inter-city relations, for studying the world city network.
(Added: 29-Nov-1999 Hits: 66 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 3-Dec-2001 - 17:27:12
Links Engine Powered By: Gossamer Threads Inc.