Top : Education
- Cultures of Cyberspace - The course begins by introducing students to the growing field of cyberculture studies. Interdisciplinary in our examination, we will read and discuss methods from a range of scholarly fields, including communications, cultural studies, gender and ethnic studies, information sciences, linguistics, and sociology in order to assess current directions and approaches.
(Added: 23-Aug-2000 Hits: 43 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Electronic Commerce Architecture Project - An ongoing series of courses taught in the Department of Architecture at MIT by William Mitchell and Dan Greenwood.
"This seminar is intended to explore several central information age issues in the economy, law and government by deconstructing the information architecture of actual e-commerce systems and by building our own class prototype. The connection between information architectures and the physical workplace of the users is an ongoing background theme."
(Added: 14-Feb-2001 Hits: 21 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- House of the Future / Community of the Future - The rules of the game are changing. Our notions of the home, the workplace, and how we secure products and services are being radically altered. The professions of architecture, urban planning, and development must find new design and technological solutions that will tightly couple the digital realm and the physical environment.
(Added: 17-Aug-2000 Hits: 45 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Teacher's Guide to SimCity 3000 - Computer game can be used as teaching tool for urban planning and design. Download this user's guide in MS Word or Rich-Text format.
(Added: 4-Jun-2001 Hits: 13 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Urban Policy: The Information Society - This course examines the role of information and communications technologies (ICTs) and information networks (such as the media) in the shaping of cities and metropolitan areas, and the associated changes in politics, community, culture, and economic exchange.
(Added: 18-Sep-2000 Hits: 39 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 3-Dec-2001 - 17:27:12
Links Engine Powered By: Gossamer Threads Inc.